There's no doubt about it - Mountains are dangerous places!
Mountain Steps UK can't stop anything happening to you, but it does provide advice on how to be well prepared, what to do before you go, and what to do if things do go wrong.
Safety features include :
- General clothing and kit advice.
- Map and a compass tuition.
- Interactive GPS mapping.
- Simple ways to text / email your route.
- Links to dedicated mountain weather forecasts.
- Current location grid references.
- Constantly updated sunset times.
- First aid 'essentials'.
- What to do if it does go wrong.
- and more.
Mountain Steps UK endorse the British Mountaineering Council statement -
The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.